It’s that time of year again for football, food, and friends! There are several essential elements you need to ensure a successful big-game party. Hosting an epic watch party is more than setting out some chips and beer and nobody wants to fumble on game night!
MARC’S FOOTBALL PARTY CHECKLIST:
- Appliance check-up: Before the festivities begin, take a few minutes to get your essential appliances ready for the tasks they'll perform and get any parts that may not be up to the task repaired or replaced.
- Easy drink selections: While beer has long been synonymous with "The Game," more sideliners are opting to enjoy the festivities with wine. Choose a red and a white for a simple alternative to beer.
- Keep it simple: You don’t need to spend days in the kitchen to pull off an impressive spread. A few token homemade dishes mixed with store bought hummus, crackers, charcuterie and cheese will keep everyone satisfied.
- Get crafty: Buy some Astroturf at a craft store, paint yard markers on it, and you have the perfect runner for your table.
- Seating chart: Arrange the seating in front of the TVs ahead of time, so everyone can see, and get up and move when they want.
JAY SHAH FROM PERSONAL CAPITAL - ACTIONABLE TIPS TO PROACTIVELY PREPARE FOR YOUR FINANCIAL YEAR
What the Congressional Plan Really Means for Your Bottom Line
Affluent investors are optimistic that markets will continue to climb in 2018, but are sharply divided by gender, geography and generation on how President Trump and the Congressional majority will affect their finances. They’re also nervous that they aren’t prepared for financial challenges, holding too much cash, and over half (51%) are concerned about their financial security in retirement, finds a new report by leading digital wealth manager Personal Capital.
According to digital wealth manager Personal Capital’s Affluent Investor Outlook Report, nearly half (48%) of affluent investors believe the stock market will perform better in 2018 than it has in 2017, yet 42% fear that their portfolio won’t be able to withstand a market downturn when it does happen.
KEY FINDINGS INCLUDE:
- Men are 13 percentage points more likely than women to believe President Trump’s policies will have a positive effect on the market (55% vs. 42%)
- 60% of affluent investors—including 87% of Millennials—admitted to making financial mistakes in 2017, such as not saving enough, paying too much for luxury items, and paying too much in investment fees.
- 16% of affluent investors hold the majority of the wealth in cash (and 25% of Millennials), with 38% being worried that they will lose their wealth.
REGISTERED DIETITIAN ANNESSA CHUMBLEY - HOW TO EASILY AND AFFORDABLY INCORPORATE USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC FOOD
A HEALTHY ONE-STOP RECIPE REFRESH THAT PUTS THE W‘O’W IN ORGANICS
When making New Year’s resolutions, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. That’s why Registered Dietitian Annessa Chumbley, a renowned nutritionist, encourages people to incorporate more organic foods into their routine -- everything from fresh fruits and vegetables, to wholesome dairy and meats, cereals, snacks and more. In fact, Chumbley believes everyone should have the opportunity to go organic, so she’s teamed up to share her tips on how your viewers and listeners can fit affordable organic ingredients into every meal.
HOW TO INCORPORATE ORGANIC FOODS INTO EVERYDAY LIVING:
- GO ORGANIC—Learn about the importance of using organic products
- RECIPE REVOLUTION—Discover how easy it is to incorporate organics into snacks and meals
- EASY ONE-POT RECIPES— Annessa will share her inspiration for creating
- easey one-pot like an Egg White Powerbowl, Veggie Ramen Jar, Easy One Pan Greek Quinoa and Grab & Go Snacks.