Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Feb 12, 2010

adams innAdam Crain - Owner  Adam's Inn - Washington, DC
With Valentines Day on Sunday, let's find out what's happening in our nation's capital . They
are recovering from the worst snow in more than a century and Adam Crain is the owner of Adam's Inn a Bed & Breakfast in the middle of it all. We welcome him now. Is Valentines Day still happening in Washington, DC  this year?  Adam's Inn, a Victorian B&B spanning three 100-year old buildings on a quiet residential street, has been a "home away from home" for international and budget-conscious travelers for 20 years. Located in historic Adams-Morgan, the Inn borders a vibrant, multicultural entertainment district that is home to more than one hundred of DCs most popular shops, restaurants, and music clubs. The National Zoo, White House, Convention Center, museums, galleries and many other tourist attractions are just minutes away by foot, subway, bus or taxi. 

ERIC W. KASTEL - ARTISAN BREADS AT HOME
logo_culinary_institute_250 ...
Eric W. Kastel, CMB, CHE, is an associate professor of baking and pastry arts at The Culinary Institute of America. He is a 1990 graduate of the CIA, and has worked as production manager at Whole Foods Bakehouse in Dallas, Texas, and as head baker at the fa
med Bread Alone in Boiceville, New York.


Gary Poppins -  www.garypoppins.com
I love popcorn! I always have, ever since I was a kid and my parents would take me to the movies every week. Sometimes I didn't even care what the movie was, as long as I got my
Gary Poppinspopcorn. I loved the crunch, and the melted butter mixing with the saltiness. So, that's where it began. But, of course, there's more. You see, my dad owned a bakery. So, I was always watching the bakers mixing the ingredients and experimenting with new recipes. I learned about quality and perfection - only the finest ingredients, no exceptions, perfectly blended and prepared. I guess it was only natural that I'd want to cook - to be a chef and create my own special recipes. So, it was off to culinary school to really learn about food. Then, I joined the CIA - that's the Culinary Institute of America - where I learned about pushing the limits and being the very best. I wanted to do something different, something unique. I'd stay up late every night developing concepts, with my ever present bowl of popcorn, fiddling with the kinds of corn, and adding cheese or caramel, or nuts or chocolate or... The perfect combination of what I'd learned and what I loved. The best tasting popcorn that you could imagine. And flavors you hadn't thought of... Like cinnamon, or chocolate with peanut butter, or white cheddar jalapeo. Gourmet popcorn with a taste you just can't get anywhere else. And GARY POPPINS was born. I'm popping my gourmet popcorn right here in my hometown. And, you can count on the fact that I'm using only the finest, freshest, premium ingredients.

Peter Kastelan "Il Tiramisu Restaurant" ... Day Heart Valentines Day

Wine Dinner on Valentines Day Feb 14
 
This Very Special Day features events all across America and one such Valentines Dinner is happening in Southern CA this Sunday Night. A Very special Wine Dinner is being held at Il Tiramisu in honor of the world's most famous Cupid and Owner Peter Kastelan tells about the event. Check out holiday happenings in your area to find out Valentines Day activities in your part of the nation.
Steve Evans "The Movie Guy"
Tips on the best & worst this weekend at the Box Office. Steve reviews and comments on all the latest from Hollywood and gets the story behind the film.A veteran of the industry, "The Movie Guy" says exactly how he feels about the movies that you will be watching this weekend. Mike Horn comments on the lineup of big screen offerings but does not always agree with what Steve has to say. This is the movie review program to listen to every week and get the "real deal".