Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Feb 5, 2010

Guest #1: Joe Cahn "Commissioner of Tailgating"
Who is Joe Cahn? And What is the Commissioner of Tailgating? Not Your Average Joe Not Your Average Joe. There are extreme tailgaters. And then there is Joe Cahn! As the self-proclaimed Commissioner of Tailgating, Joe
Joe_Cahn1.JPGmay have the best job in America. He invented it. In 1996, he sold his business, the New Orleans School of Cooking, sold his house, bought a motor home and hit the road to explore what he calls "the new American community" Tailgate Parties. Joe Cahn is the world's only professional tailgater. He tailgates at football stadiums, NASCAR tracks, and any other event where they party in the parking lot. Now in his twelfth season on the road, he has driven the JoeMobile over 500,000 miles, visited hundreds of cities, and has seen thousands of fans and has eaten his way through over 500 tailgate parties. During his Tailgating America Tours he has travelled to all 31 NFL stadiums, over 123 college stadiums, and 9 NASCAR tracks, tailgated with hundreds of thousands of people and served more than 326 pots of Jambalaya! Joe Cahn is the Commissioner of Tailgating. The Commissioner's job is to promote tailgating, the Celebration in the Parking Lot. It's the new community social and the biggest weekly party in the nation! He's meeting the fans, the Tailgaters, AND the folks on the road, in the rest stops, at the campgrounds, in the parking lots of America! He wants to make sure everyone is invited to the party. He's living the American dream. Along the way, Joe has eaten...
*
Cahn easily seduces ... Grilling in the Parking LotBBQ Brisket in Dallas

* Grits in Atlanta
* Bratwurst in Green Bay
* Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia
* Coney Island Hot Dogs in New York
* Dungeness Crab in San Francisco
* Smoked Salmon in Seattle
* Boiled Lobsters in New England
* Pulled Pork & Hush Puppies in Carolina
* Buffalo Wings in Buffalo
* Chesapeake Bay Crabs in Baltimore
* Muffelettas in New Orleans
* Pierogi's in Pittsburgh
* Side of Beef in Kansas City

Guest #2: Marianne Arimenta - Kraft Kitchens Manager  (arah mentah)
Planters_Logo.jpgSuccessful entertaining for the big game?

What are some snacking tips you can give.
What about using Planters in recipes?
Where can I find more information about Planters products?
* Are Planters products available nationwide?
Guest #3: Gary Poppins -  www.garypoppins.com 
I love popcorn! I always have, ever since I was a kid and my parents would take me to the movies every week. Sometimes I didn't even care what the movie was, as long as I got my

Gary Poppinspopcorn. I loved the crunch, and the melted butter mixing with the saltiness. So, that's where it began. But, of course, there's more. You see, my dad owned a bakery. So, I was always watching the bakers mixing the ingredients and experimenting with new recipes. I learned about quality and perfection - only the finest ingredients, no exceptions, perfectly blended and prepared. I guess it was only natural that I'd want to cook - to be a chef and create my own special recipes. So, it was off to culinary school to really learn about food. Then, I joined the CIA - that's the Culinary Institute of America - where I learned about pushing the limits and being the very best. I wanted to do something different, something unique. I'd stay up late every night developing concepts, with my ever present bowl of popcorn, fiddling with the kinds of corn, and adding cheese or caramel, or nuts or chocolate or... The perfect combination of what I'd learned and what I loved. The best tasting popcorn that you could imagine. And flavors you hadn't thought of... Like cinnamon, or chocolate with peanut butter, or white cheddar jalapeo. Gourmet popcorn with a taste you just can't get anywhere else. And GARY POPPINS was born. I'm popping my gourmet popcorn right here in my hometown. And, you can count on the fact that I'm using only the finest, freshest, premium ingredients.

Guest #4: Gary Canter - Canter's Deli - Fairfax
Gary talks Corned Beef and his Super Bowl Pick. - Canter's Delicatessen and Restaurant
Canter's Deli, Los Angeles ... is a family run business that started in Jersey City, New Jersey in 1924. The Canter brothers moved their business to Boyle Heights, a suburb of Los Angeles, in 1931, and in 1948 Harold Price and Selma Udko opened Canter's Deli at 439 North Fairfax, a few doors up the block from the current location. In 1953 Salma Udko, Ben and Jenny Canter, and Harold Price moved Canter's to the current location at 419 North Fairfax. Canter's is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and on all holidays except Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.

Guest #5: Steve Evans "The Movie Guy"Must See Movies and Videos ... Tips on the best & worst this weekend at the Box Office. Steve reviews and comments on all the latest from Hollywood and gets the story behind the film.A veteran of the industry, "The Movie Guy" says exactly how he feels about the movies that you will be watching this weekend. Mike Horn comments on the lineup of big screen offerings but does not always agree with what Steve has to say. This is the movie review program to listen to every week and get the "real deal".