Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12/21 Larry Lipson, Soy Food Council, Gary Poppins Popcorn

12/21 What's Cookin' Today

Traveling Time! The Great Larry Lipson Tells Us About His Latest Finds


Reporting from Costa Rica, CRN's international wine correspondent Larry Lipson will tell us about his latest Wine finds, including wines UNDER $10!Larry always has something cooking up at the Lipson Institute of Advanced Wine Studies!

Larry forages all of Costa Rica for the absolute best wines. No region is spared from his intense search. No mountain or range or valley is safe from his reach. He leaves no grape unturned, this man of passion. Wine is his life. His love for wine is only paralleled with his love for his lovely partner in wine, Lillian Lipson.Be fully prepared for this master of vino as he shares his food and wine pairing techniques and experiences with you on this great day in America - and the world.


Linda Funk, The Executive Director Of The Soy Food Council Is Sharing With Us Deliciously Healthy Ideas For The Holidays


To help you celebrate healthy and happy holidays, The Soyfoods Council offers ideas for holiday entertaining, cookie recipes and dessert inspirations. Protein-rich soyfoods such as silken tofu, soymilk, soy flour and edamame add flavor and texture to recipes. In addition to offering protein, soyfoods also may help protect against heart disease. They are low in saturated fat, high in polyunsaturated fat and provide essential omega-3 fatty acids. Soyfoods have a direct cholesterol-lowering effect, and contain isoflavones that may directly improve the health of the arteries. The best news of all for holiday cooks, though, is that soyfoods offer a versatile, convenient way to create recipes for successful entertaining.


The New Owner Of "Gary Poppins", Brian Lipner, Is Talking With Us About Great Tasting Popcorn

"I love popcorn! I always have, ever since I was a kid and my parents would take me to the movies every week. Sometimes I didn't even care what the movie was, as long as I got my
popcorn. I loved the crunch, and the melted butter mixing with the saltiness. So, that's where it began. But, of course, there's more. You see, my dad owned a bakery. So, I was always watching the bakers mixing the ingredients and experimenting with new recipes. I learned about quality and perfection - only the finest ingredients, no exceptions, perfectly blended and prepared. I guess it was only natural that I'd want to cook - to be a chef and create my own special recipes. So, it was off to culinary school to really learn about food. "

Then, I joined the CIA - that's the Culinary Institute of America - where I learned about pushing the limits and being the very best. I wanted to do something different, something unique. I'd stay up late every night developing concepts, with my ever present bowl of popcorn, fiddling with the kinds of corn, and adding cheese or caramel, or nuts or chocolate or... The perfect combination of what I'd learned and what I loved.

The best tasting popcorn that you could imagine. And flavors you hadn't thought of... Like cinnamon, or chocolate with peanut butter, or white cheddar jalapeno. Gourmet popcorn with a taste you just can't get anywhere else. And GARY POPPINS was born. I'm popping my gourmet popcorn right here in my hometown. And, you can count on the fact that I'm using only the finest, freshest, premium ingredients.

Don't forget to "Like" CRN's Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/crntalkAnd "Like" Our What's Cookin' Today Page, too! http://www.facebook.com/whatscookintoday