The Pie and Pastry Bible is your magic wand for baking the pies, tarts, and pastries of your dreams—the definitive work by the country's top baker.
- More than 300 recipes, 200 drawings of techniques and equipment, and 70 color pictures of finished pies, tarts, and pastries.
- Easy-to-follow recipes for fruit pies, chiffon pies, custard pies, ice-cream pies, meringue pies, chocolate pies, tarts and tartlets, turnovers, dumplings, biscuits, scones, crostadas, galettes, strudel, fillo, puff pastry, croissants (chocolate, too), Danish, brioche, sticky buns, cream puffs, and profiteroles
- All kinds of fillings, glazes, toppings, and sauces, including pastry cream, frangipane, Chiboust, fruit curds, ice creams, fondant, fruit preserves, streusel, meringues, ganache, caramel, and hot fudge
- A separate chapter featuring foolproof flaky, tender, and original crusts of every kind imaginable. Here are a few: Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust, Flaky Cheddar Cheese Pie Crust, Miracle Flaky Lard Pie Crust, and Flaky Goose Fat Pie Crust; Bittersweet Chocolate, Coconut, Ginger, and Sweet Nut Cookie Crusts; and Vanilla, Gingersnap, Chocolate, and Graham Cracker Crumb Crusts
- Countless tips that solve any problem, including the secrets to making a juicy fruit pie with a crisp bottom crust and a lemon meringue pie that doesn't weep
- How to make a tender and flaky pie crust in under three minutes
- How to make the best brownie ever into a crustless tart with puddles of ganache
- Exciting savory recipes, including meat loaf wrapped in a flaky Cheddar cheese crust and a roasted poblano quiche
- Extensive decorating techniques for the beginning baker and professional alike that show you how to make chocolate curls, pipe rosettes, crystallize flowers and leaves, and more
- Detailed information on ingredients and equipment, previously available only to professionals
- The wedding cake reconceived as a Seven-Tier Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Tart
- Pointers for Success follow the recipes, guaranteeing perfect results every time
Rose Levy Beranbaum is the award-winning author of 10 cookbooks, including the latest--The Baking Bible (the International Association of Culinary Professional Best Baking Book of the Year) and The Cake Bible, now going into its 54th printing and the International Association of Culinary Professionals Cookbook of the Year for 1988. The Cake Bible was also listed by the James Beard Foundation as one of the top 13 baking books on "the Essential Book List." Rose also won a James Beard Foundation Award in 1998 for Rose's Christmas Cookies, and her book, The Bread Bible, was an IACP and James Beard Foundation nominee and was listed as one of the Top Ten Books of 2003 by Publishers Weekly and Food & Wine. Her most recent book, Rose's Heavenly Cakes, won the International Association of Culinary Professionals Cookbook of the Year for 2010. For multiple years she was a contributing editor to Food Arts magazine and writes regularly for the Washington Post, Fine Cooking, Reader's Digest, and Bride's. Her popular blog, realbakingwithrose.com, has created an international community of bakers where you can visit Rose Levy Beranbaum and join in the discussion on all things baking. While you are there, you can bring the author right into your kitchen as she demonstrates key techniques and shares trade secrets so that you can create perfectly divine cakes. She also has over 155 YouTube appearances demonstrating baking techniques, including her PBS show "Baking Magic with Rose."
TRAVEL EXPERT STEPHANIE OSWALD SHARES TIMELY HOLIDAY TRAVEL TIPS
Find Out about a NEW Survey Showing that 81% of People Prefer a Great Vacation Over Most Gifts
The holidays are just a few short weeks away and 2017 is around the corner. That’s why travel expert and co-founder of TravelGirl Magazine Stephanie Oswald believes you might consider giving yourself or a loved one something to look forward to by planning your travel early! Did you know studies show that anticipating a vacation may just be the best part of the entire experience? In fact, Expedia found that 80 percent of people who plan a vacation regularly report being happier because of it; and 81 percent say they get more pleasure from a vacation than they do possessions. Stephanie said this is really something to consider as we get closer to the holidays. So on December 9th, whether you’re looking to get away with friends, family or just by yourself, the TRAVEL GIRL has some timely tips for planning a great getaway.
ADVENTURE GIRL HOLIDAY TRAVEL TIPS, INCLUDE:
- PLACES TO RECOMMEND: According to AAA, two-thirds of travelers say the most important part of a vacation is the “quality time” they get with their travel companions.
- MAKING MEMORIES: Why 91% say their best memories are made on vacations
- THE REAL DEAL: How to find the best travel steals and deals are available
STEVE EVANS – THE MOVIE GUY
GREAT MOVIES OPENING THIS WEEKEND AND BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS AND HOPES. FIND OUT WHAT MOVIES ARE WORTH YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. GET SET FOR THE WEEKEND.