CRAFT BEER EXPERT JULIA HERZ - HOW TO INCORPORATE CRAFT BEER INTO YOUR SUPER BOWL CELEBRATIONS
• Craft Beer Program Director at the Brewers Association
• Publisher of CraftBeer.com
• Co-author of Beer Pairing: The Essential Guide from the Pairing Pros
• Co-author of CraftBeer.com’s Beer & Food Course
• A certified Cicerone
With Super Bowl 50 right around the corner the real question isn’t who you will be rooting for (you’ve already made up your mind on that) – it’s what you will be drinking ---and what game snacks you will be pairing with it!
JULIA CAN TALK ABOUT:
• Craft beers for the Super Bowl – What are the best beers to score from each of the team’s hometown? After all, serving American craft beer at your Super Bowl party means you’re supporting small businesses whose owners and brewers bleed for their home teams, and have vested interests in their towns. Show some pride by drinking craft beers from the hometowns of the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers, as well as California, the host state.
• Food and craft beer pairing – Whether you’re serving a sit down meal or opting for chicken wings galore, Julia has some touchdown pairing tips that will make your craft beer and food taste even better.
• Craft Beer 101 – Why switch to craft beer this year? Julia can provide an easy to understand introduction to the craft beer universe.
• Craftbeer.com—the Brewers Association (BA) website for beer lovers—has curated a list of recipes for Six Super Bowl-Worthy Appetizers Made with Beer that are sure to win over your fans!
CHEF ROSSI - OWNER AND EXECUTIVE CHEF OF THE RAGING SKILLET JUST RELEASED HER FIRST MEMOIR; THE RAGING SKILLET / THE TRUE LIFE STORY OF CHEF ROSSI
As the owner and executive chef of "The Raging Skillet," a cutting-edge catering company known for breaking any and all rules, she has earned a reputation as the one to call when it's time to do something different.
The Raging Skillet has been called "a new breed of rebel anti-caterer" by The New York Times, "the wildest thing this side of the mason Dixon line" by Zagat and has been named among The Knot’s Best Of Wedding Caterers for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Having won five years in a row, The Raging Skillet is in The Knot’s hall of fame!
On November of 2015 Rossi’s first memoir; The Raging Skillet/The True Life Story of Chef Rossi.
Rossi’s motto is simple; "molds are a delicious thing to break!”
ABOUT THE BOOK:
When their high-school-aged, punk, runaway daughter is found hosting a Jersey Shore hotel party, Rossi's parents feel they have no other choice: they ship her off to live with a Chasidic rabbi in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Within the confines of this restrictive culture, Rossi's big city dreams take root. Once she makes her way to Manhattan, Rossi's passion for cooking, which first began as a revolt against the microwave, becomes her life mission. The Raging Skillet is one woman's story of cooking her way through some of the most unlikely kitchens in New York City—at a "beach" in Tribeca, an East Village supper club, and a makeshift grill at ground zero in the days immediately following 9/11. Forever writing her own rules, Rossi ends up becoming the owner of one of the most sought-after catering companies in the city. This heartfelt, gritty, and hilarious memoir shows us how the creativity of the kitchen allows us to give a nod to where we come from, while simultaneously expressing everything that we are. Includes unpretentious recipes for real people everywhere.
ACTOR LELAND ORSER TALKS ABOUT HIS ROLE IN THE MODERN-DAY SPY THRILLER, BERLIN STATION On Sunday, October 15 at 9p.m., EPIX's accla...
12/02 HEATHER TOM, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, DR. JENNIFER STAGG, UNZIP YOUR GENES, STEVE EVANS THE MOVIE GUYAWARD WINNING ACTRESS HEATHER TOM – TALKS THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL AND DIRECTING SHORT FILM CALLED SERENITY Heather Tom is a Five-time...
12/08 RAGHAVAN IYER, SMASHED, MASHED, BOILED, AND BAKED AND FRIED, TOO!, TECH GIFTS FOR THE HOLIDAYS, JENNIFER JOLLYRAGHAVAN IYER – JAMES BEARD AWARD WINNER/AUTHOR, SMASHED, MASHED, BOILED, AND BAKED AND FRIED, TOO! SMASHED, MASHED, BOILED, AND BAKED ...