CHEF & REGISTERED DIETITIAN SYLVIA MELÉNDEZ-KLINGER - AWAKEN YOUR TASTE BUDS FOR NATIONAL NUTRITION MONTH - SAVOR THE FLAVOR OF EATING RIGHT WITHOUT CUTTING YOUR FAVORITE INDULGENCES!
Spring is almost here which means it’s time for new beginnings! Many people want to improve their eating habits, but are not sure where to start. From going ultra-organic to the Dinosaur Diet, the options are endless, but what really works? Sylvia Meléndez-Klinger, chef and registered dietitian, will be available for interviews on Wednesday, March 16 to give your viewers the tips they need to get started on the path to balanced and healthy eating.
SYLVIA WILL CHAT ABOUT:
• Mindful Eating – Pay attention to what you eat by eliminating distractions
• Portion Control – No need to cut out your favorite chips, just eat smaller portions
• Keep the Scale Steady: Low- and no-calorie beverages are effective to help cut calories, control hunger and maintain body weight.
• Substitute – Swap that chocolate cake for something sweet like fruit
• Protein Packed Meals – Help build up strength for exercise
• Stay Hydrated – Thirst is often mistaken for hunger—the reason it is important to stay well hydrated throughout the day.
ABOUT SYLVIA MELÉNDEZ-KLINGER
Sylvia Meléndez-Klinger, MS, RD, LDN, is founder of Hispanic Food Communications, Inc, a nutrition and food communications consulting company. Sylvia uses her in-depth culinary and cultural expertise to introduce new strategies for wellness to an increasingly health-conscious population. For more than a decade, Sylvia has been a consultant for major food, beverage and pharmaceutical companies and non-profit organizations, including McDonalds, Coca-Cola, Kelloggs, GSK and the America Heart Association and is an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.