Perfect for Dads and Grads
GRILLED CHEESE & BEER is spiced with wit and a passion for all things grilled cheese and beer, with easy-to-follow instructions that make it perfect for any skill level. It contains over 50 one-of-a-kind grilled cheese sandwich recipes, perfectly paired with craft beers designed to draw out the full flavor of each ingredient.
GRILLED CHEESE & BEER is the perfect gift for dads especially those who enjoy grilling and drinking some cold brew. It's also ideal for any recent graduates looking for a fun cookbook full of simple, delicious sandwiches. Combining an extensive knowledge of beer making, food, and good humor, authors Kevin VanBlarcum and Eddie Davis have created a very special collection that will thrill sandwich lovers everywhere.
Check out some recipe names from GRILLED CHEESE & BEER: Bacon Me Crazy, Muenster Mash, Dragon Ball Cheese, Hamwise Gamgee, Revenge of the Swiss, Not Your Dad's Fried Bologna, and many, many more!
GADGET GIRL JAMIE SORCHER - THE BEST TECH TIPS & TOOLS FOR HITTING THE ROAD THIS TRAVEL SEASON
TECH TRAVEL TRENDS, TIPS & TOOLS
GADGET GIRL JAMIE SORCHER TALKS SUMMER TRAVEL
Memorial Day is just around the corner, and it’s one of the busiest driving weekends of the year. According to AAA, last year was the second busiest Memorial Day by travel volume on record with more than 38 million travelers. This year, AAA is anticipating even more families on the road for the holiday weekend.
• Stress-Free Travel – Jamie will discuss and demo travel apps and software that will allow for easier and stress-free road trips - including a new app that lets you pay for your gas on your Apple Watch, mobile device or in your connected car.
• Plan and Prepare – Jamie will show & discuss the important tools to include in a “roadside emergency kit”.
• Entertainment Options – Jamie will discuss ways to keep the family entertained, including collaborative playlists.
JASON BREWER, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, COMMUNICATIONS & STATE AFFAIRS RILA - RETAILERS VOICE CONCERNS ABOUT CHOICE ACT
Retailers Voice Concerns About CHOICE Act
New Bill Would Repeal Swipe Fee Reform
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) recently responded to the House Financial Services Committee’s introduction of the CHOICE Act, legislation that would roll back many of the financial reforms passed in the wake of the financial meltdown in 2008. Retailers have vowed to fight any financial reform bill that repeals swipe fee reform, bipartisan legislation passed in 2010 that stopped large banks and card networks from charging merchants exorbitant fees on debit card transactions.
The CHOICE Act gives the largest banks and card networks a green light to charge billions in higher fees from every business in America that accepts debit cards. Repealing swipe fee reform is a billion-dollar giveaway to banks that are generating record profits and passing out record bonuses; it’s a poison pill for any bipartisan effort to enact meaningful financial reform. Higher fees from banks would undoubtedly mean higher prices for consumers.
Retailers believe repealing swipe fee reform is bad for the economy and bad for America. Americans agree.
• 76 percent of all voters believe that big banks got a bailout while millions of Americans were left to suffer.
• 63 percent of Trump voters (67 percent of all voters) believe that banks are taking advantage of retailers.
• 55 percent of all voters oppose swipe fees of any kind.
Jason Brewer is here to offer insight into the CHOICE Act, swipe fee reform and how you can voice your concerns regarding swipe fee legislation with your elected officials.