What is sweetness? It’s making memories in our parents’ and grandparents’ kitchens…welcoming guests with an open heart…. And it’s food:
- Passing slices of old-fashioned Peach Buttermilk Pie around the table.
- Greeting kids after school with Chocolate Chip Dream Bars.
- Laughing together over glasses of sweet tea on the front porch.
In Sweetness: Southern Recipes to Celebrate the Warmth, the Love, and the Blessings of a Full Life (Workman; November 2016), founder of SouthernPlate.com Christy Jordan shares 197 recipes for sweet things to eat that are not only deeply delicious but also rich with tradition. Savoring sweet moments and sweet treats, Sweetness is a true celebration of all good things in life.
Filled with warm reminiscences and meditations on joy, the blessings of friends and family, gratitude, and the sweetness found in the everyday, Jordan’s famously bright, sunny, and positive personality is on full display in Sweetness.
The book captures the essence of southern hospitality and the spirit of the most popular features on Jordan’s wildly popular website, SouthernPlate.com.
DELICIOUS AND NOSTALGIC RECIPES INCLUDE:
• Rich and Fudgy One–Bowl Brownies (p. 35)
• Busy Week Cake Mix Cookies (p. 12)
• Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars (p. 42)
• Mama Reed’s Jam Cake (p. 109)
• Chocolate Chess Pie (p. 147)
• Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding (p. 168)
• Amazing Apple Bread (p. 193)
• Overnight Stuffed French Toast with Strawberry Syrup (p. 205)
• Tiger Butter (p. 245)
• Lost recipes like Butter Rolls, Wonder Cake, Water Pie, and Feather-Light Chocolate Biscuits
• Plus decadent icings and glazes, refreshing fruit salads, simple homemade candies, floats, and alcohol-free coolers and punches
LIFESTYLE & BEAUTY EXPERT BAHAR TAKHTECHIAN - LEARN HOW ‘GIVING TUESDAY’ KICKS OFF THE SEASON FOR PHILANTHROPY
Lifestyle and beauty expert Bahar Takhtechian Explains How Social Media and Collaboration Help Charities Power the True Spirit of the Season
There’s something about the holiday season that brings out the best in people. It’s a special time of year that seems to inspire many generous people volunteer their time and money to help those in need. In this spirit of the season, the Tuesday after Black Friday and Cyber Monday has become known as #GivingTuesday, a day that officially kicks off the season of giving. On November 29th, we have tech and lifestyle journalist Bahar Takhtehchian available discuss how #GivingTuesday and social media are making it easier than ever to learn about charities and to make meaningful donations. You’ll also learn how Bahar has teamed up with eBay charities to create a directory of deserving charities and encourage giving.
BAHAR’S TIMELY TIPS FOR #GIVINGTUESDAY:
- GET INVOLVED—How to find easy ways to get involved with help your favorite charities
- DONATION INSPIRATION—Why it’s easier than ever to donate to thousands of worth charities that have been vetted by experts
- eBay CHARITIES—Learn why end-of-year giving is so important and why it’s easier than ever
- VOLUNTEER—How you can help by sharing your time and expertise with charities
With more than a decade of experience in both print and broadcast journalism, Bahar Takhtehchian is a multi-faceted writer and television personality based in New York City. Always on top of the latest research and trends, Bahar is an authority in the beauty and lifestyle industry. After spending three years as the Editor-at-Large of SHAPE magazine, Bahar is currently working as a journalist in the beauty and lifestyle space. The Chicago native is a graduate of the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University, where she received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
TODAY’S HOMEOWNER DANNY LIPFORD - CONTROLLING YOUR HOME FROM THE PALM OF YOUR HAND!
Controlling Your Home from the Palm of Your Hand! with Today’s Homeowner Danny Lipford
With the constant evolutions and advancements in technology, scores of cool gadgets are starting to adorn most homes; changing their efficiency and safety of families that live in them. The gadgets are not just fancy; they provide quick solutions to everyday problems and all from the palm of your hand!
Home Improvement Expert and host of Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford, Danny Lipford is here to share the latest technology advancements on some of your tried-and-true favorites!
Danny Lipford is a veteran remodeling contractor and television personality known to audiences as Host of the Emmy-Nominated and nationally-syndicated home improvement TV and radio shows: Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford. Danny served as the home improvement expert for CBS’s The Early Show and The Weather Channel for more than a decade, and has made more than 160 national television appearances. Danny has been a longtime contributor to Better Homes & Gardens Magazine and BHG.com, and is a source for hundreds of other popular magazines and websites each year.
AMONG THE TOPICS DANNY WILL DISCUSS:
- The latest technologies for your home
- Easy apps to control everything from temperature to generators
- When to call in the pros
- And more!