MARC WILL TALK ABOUT:
• The history of National Beer Day
• His favorite beer styles (unbranded) for spring (American amber, red ales and light bocks)
• Great food pairings for each style
• How the role of barley to beer is similar to what grapes are to wine
• How barley gives beer its color, malty sweet flavor, body, head and natural sugars for fermentation
DR. LOUIS ARONNE – AUTHOR, THE CHANGE YOUR BIOLOGY DIET & THE DIRECTOR OF THE COMPREHENSIVE WEIGHT CONTROL CENTER AT WEILL CORNELL MEDICINE & NEW YORK-PRESBYTERIAN
CHANGE YOUR BIOLOGY TIPS:
At the core of the program is The Breakthrough Dozen: 12 Proven Strategies for Lifelong Weight Control. Adopting these strategies as habits can help to win the hunger games.
1. Have protein for breakfast—it will reduce your appetite for the rest of the day.
2. At meals, always eat vegetables and protein first.
3. Say no to the bread basket. Eat carbs late in a meal and late in the day.
4. It’s okay to have snacks—they can help—but avoid eating too much after dinner.
5. Avoid eating food that comes in a box.
6. Do not drink calories.
7. Only consume artificial sweeteners once a day.
8. Cook everything al dente—which means “to the tooth” in Italian. It will digest more slowly.
9. A little exercise goes a long way.
10. Keep a daily log of what you eat, drink, and how much you move.
11. Weigh yourself regularly.
12. If all else fails, see a board-certified obesity medicine specialist.