2013 just received 97 points from Connoisseurs Guide! Join us for a sit-down pre-poured tasting with appetizers as we explore the past vintages, and taste the new 2013 and discuss the wines and the journey ahead.
OTHER EVENT REMINDERS:
- 1/27 STARS OF SANTA BARBARA AT THE PENINSULA, BEVERLY HILLS
- 2/20 DRY CREEK VINTNERS TOUR AT SMASHBOX
- 2/25 JAMES SUCKLING PRESENTS GREAT WINES OF ITALY AT THE PETERSON AUTO MUSEUM
- 3/2 STARS OF NAPA VALLEY AT THE PENINSULA, BEVERLY HILLS
wineLA is about enhancing the wine culture of Los Angeles. To do so, wine must be in rhythm with fashion, music, food and other beverages. It must take advantage of the geography, the architecture and the centers of interest. Los Angeles is a giant playground with an amazing array of venues, spaces, wine bars, restaurants, beaches, roof tops, gardens, and magical views. We want to be a part of the LA lifestyle, the wine lifestyle, and celebrate the people, the place and the passion.
wineLA will promote significant events, occasional classes, and tastings of merit. This is phase two of what we started 20 years ago at LearnAboutWine.com - America’s first wine education website and first in wine event creation. LearnAboutWine will now evolve onto a digital platform; the transformation will take some time; so we will slowly rebrand our event efforts onto wineLA, reduce the number of activities we focus on, and elevate our efforts to focus on the next big thing… Doing what is best for the wine industry and the communities we serve. Edicts: innovate, evolve and excite.
We thank you for joining our newsletter, we will be sending fewer emails and packing them with amazing content. We want to be your wine content provider and would love to hear about your favorite places, your music, your locations - we want to be under the influence of what ignites your passion for Los Angeles.
INTERNET PIONEER CRISTINA DOLAN - HOW TO MAKE 2016 THE YEAR OF IMPROVEMENT
We all strive to better ourselves but we often forget there are tools out there that will help us achieve our goals, both personally and professionally.
Start by growing the value of your greatest asset—you!
- Stop working yourself into the ground. Take advantage of your community and your peers. By doing this, you can expand your portfolio and your experience.
- Get creative about your problem solving!
- When we find ourselves stuck with major problems it stops progress. Think outside of the box and get creative about working around those issues. Problems will always arise; what matters is how you handle them!
- Find professional growth by clearing your plate!
- Whether you’re a small business owner or big time marketing executive we all know the feeling of having a full plate. It’s overwhelming and can render us useless! But we can use technology and marketplaces to clear the way and achieve our goals.
Cristina Dolan is an MIT Media Lab alumna and Internet pioneer with over two decades of experience building software, content, and Internet based products and businesses. She was a co- founder of OneMain.com, which grew to be the 10th largest ISP after a successful IPO Currently, Dolan serves as the Head of Content and Communication at TradingScreen, and is an MIT Enterprise Forum board member and part of the MIT Alumni Association Selection Committee