LARRY HOSTS A WEEKLY PROGRAM ON CRN AND ALSO IS AN EXPERT ON WINE WHO IS SOUGHT AFTER FOR EVENTS, TASTES AND MAJOR SOMMELIER EVENTS IN THE SAN FRANCISCO AREA. HE COMMENTS ON THE INDUSTRY AND HIS THOUGHTS ABOUT WINE.
LEAN PORK HAS BEEN SHOWN TO LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE WHEN INCLUDED IN THE DASH EATING PLAN! WE'LL LEARN HOW WITH DR. CAMPBELL AND RD FROM THE NATIONAL PORK BOARD, ADRIA HUSETH
New Research! Research suggests lean pork has been shown to lower blood pressure when included in the DASH Eating Plan:
- Researchers from Purdue University found that overweight or obese individuals who ate lean pork, instead of chicken and fish, as the main protein source in the DASH diet had the same blood pressure benefits regardless of protein source.
- The traditional DASH diet includes chicken and fish, but this new research suggests that lean pork may also be a part of this healthy eating pattern -- which has received accolades from government and health organizations, and has been named “Best Overall Diet” and “Best Diet for Healthy Eating” for 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
Additional Benefits of Lean Pork:
- Source of Key Nutrients: A 3-ounce serving of pork is an “excellent” source of thiamin, selenium, protein, niacin, vitamin B6 and phosphorus, and a “good” source of riboflavin, zinc, and potassium.
- Lean Protein: Today’s pork is 16 percent leaner and 27 percent lower in saturated fat compared to 20 years ago. Seven cuts of pork meet the USDA guidelines for “lean” and popular pork tenderloin has the same amount of fat as a skinless chicken breast.
- Heart Healthy: Pork tenderloin is certified as heart-healthy by the American Heart Association with its heart-check mark.
- Flavorful: Lean pork cuts can be used to create nutritious recipes that taste great, such as a Pork Quinoa Bowl (linked here), or other flavorful recipes, which can be found at www.PorkBeInspired.com.
STEVE EVANS – THE MOVIE GUY
GREAT MOVIES OPENING THIS WEEKEND AND BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS AND HOPES. FIND OUT WHAT MOVIES ARE WORTH YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. GET SET FOR THE WEEKEND.